was this one you did or a student? Did other students have other pictures? We are about to do landforms and I love this idea, but not sure if I just show them this and the recreate it. How did you teach them to draw something that incorporated the landforms?
Dear Anonymous, I actually drew this picture and made a copy for all my students. As I was reviewing previously taught landforms, I had the students find the landform in our picture. From there we labled them and colored together.
Hi Ms. Jennifer! I wanted to let you know that we did this activity in my class and it was great! Thank you for sharing the idea. Head over to see how ours turned out - also please let me know what you think, I scanned my dinosaur to share with other teachers so they don't have to try and draw their own dinosaur - ALL of the credit is given to you - please email me and let me know what you think! Laura lschmitzy@gmail.com Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style
Great Job Mrs. Castro's Class!!! I LOVE your land forms. My class enjoyed looking at your classroom blog and seeing all the things you've done this year. Keep up the good work!!!!!
Thank you very much for the activity! I found it trough a colleague and then looked for it at the Internet. It was great to revise landforms in Science with my big ones (Year 6). We are warming up with some content and this was just the bit of creativity I was looking for. Thanks! Btw, I credited you and Mrs. Castro at my blog, uploaded the worksheet for my learners to review. There you'll find a related worksheet I designed too. Thanks again, Jessie (my blog: http://tictacscience.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/landforms-find-and-label.html)
Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author. Inappropriate comments or comments that refer to a specific individual or incident will not be posted. The author of this blog reserves the right to deem what is appropriate and/or inappropriate for publication.
love it!
ReplyDeletewas this one you did or a student? Did other students have other pictures? We are about to do landforms and I love this idea, but not sure if I just show them this and the recreate it. How did you teach them to draw something that incorporated the landforms?
ReplyDeleteDear Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteI actually drew this picture and made a copy for all my students. As I was reviewing previously taught landforms, I had the students find the landform in our picture. From there we labled them and colored together.
Love this!!
ReplyDeleteHi Ms. Jennifer! I wanted to let you know that we did this activity in my class and it was great! Thank you for sharing the idea. Head over to see how ours turned out - also please let me know what you think, I scanned my dinosaur to share with other teachers so they don't have to try and draw their own dinosaur - ALL of the credit is given to you - please email me and let me know what you think!
ReplyDeleteLaura
lschmitzy@gmail.com
Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style
Great Job Mrs. Castro's Class!!! I LOVE your land forms. My class enjoyed looking at your classroom blog and seeing all the things you've done this year. Keep up the good work!!!!!
DeleteVery clever! Great for a review/check after teaching landforms! Can't wait to try it with my students!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for the activity! I found it trough a colleague and then looked for it at the Internet. It was great to revise landforms in Science with my big ones (Year 6). We are warming up with some content and this was just the bit of creativity I was looking for. Thanks! Btw, I credited you and Mrs. Castro at my blog, uploaded the worksheet for my learners to review. There you'll find a related worksheet I designed too. Thanks again, Jessie (my blog: http://tictacscience.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/landforms-find-and-label.html)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the idea! Seen at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schoolfy/469265219815396.
ReplyDelete